Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Weekend Happenings Part 2 (1/17/15)


We’ve acquired another couple of acres right next to ours so we now have a spread of about 5 total acres.  It has a small pond, which we are considering adding some of our Tilapia.  We are also working on a small building.  Some of the materials were purchased, but we have been able to use some the free windows and doors that The Moose has been acquiring.  I’d guess the cost so far is roughly $800.00.  It will have a wrap around deck and an observation set up on the roof, along with the containers of water for the shower.  

  


 

 
 
 
The guys also continued to build shelving in the container.   Again, all materials, except for the nails are from the free pallets.  







I was able to get the chickens, turkeys and rabbits taken care of.  All are doing very well. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The blueberries are starting to blossom, so I gave them a light dusting of fertilizer.  I’m hoping we’ll get a nice yield of berries, but since they were just planted a few months ago, this may be a slower year.
 







R&B, part of The Compound group are raising our goats in their back yard, since they need care a couple times a day.  We’ve been blessed with the birth of 4 new baby goats in the last month or so.  They are cute little devils!  They don’t run, they hop all four feet the same time, bounce off of the trees or the backs of their Moms and can stop on a dime!  We’ll eventually be milking them, but for now they’re just getting spoiled.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Izzy,

    That observation deck is going to be awesome! Crossing fingers for the blueberries. Note: I sent you an email to your aol.com account with a couple of private questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been up there and it has a great view. I would really love some blueberries. They are crazy expensive and frankly I'm tired of paying for them to only open them up later and nearly half are not worth eating..

      Delete
  2. I am glad I found your blog. I have really enjoyed reading your posts. Baby goats are the cutest for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brittany,

      I'm glad you did too! Thanks for following along!

      Delete
  3. I just found your blog! I spent an entire evening reading through all your posts. Wow! What a wonderful experience! I learned so much from your experiences, both good and bad. Thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy,

      Thank you! Yes, I try to share the good and bad. We can all learn from them either way. Thanks for following along, I enjoy reading the comments so keep them coming!

      Delete

We love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to stop by.